NextGen Marketing, an award-winning marketing firm in Reston, VA, is looking for a Marketing Intern to join our team!
In this role, you will help create and post content on our various Social Media outlets, assist in the execution of digital and email marketing campaigns, as well assist with logistics at various events, both in-house and on location.
The Marketing Intern will play a vital role in the growth of NextGen Marketing and to the support of its clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with content creation and dissemination for our clients’ (and our) social media accounts, including organizing cross-platform content strategies
- Monitor social channels for trending news, ideas and memes, then capitalize on those trends through our social media accounts
- Assist with capturing and analyzing social media and other campaign metrics
- Assist with preparation and logistics for various in-house on off-site events
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- At least one year in a professional office setting
- Experience with social media marketing and business strategies
- Experience posting, scheduling, and promoting content on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest), utilizing scheduling tools (Hootsuite, Sprout Social)
- Knowledge of Facebook ads and Google Ads a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with web design and maintenance (WordPress, Square), HTML and CSS knowledge a plus
- Experience with email campaigns (Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, etc.)
- Experience utilizing a CRM
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- Bachelor's Degree (or current enrollment in 4 year, accredited University with anticipated graduation date of Spring 2019)
Are you ready to contribute to and be a part of an awesome team where your input will be highly valued? GREAT! Please submit your resume and a brief note about yourself stating why you would be a good fit (make sure to also include your salary requirements). If you really want to make a good impression, attach a few writing samples and a glimpse of your portfolio!
Please email your application packet to:
NextGen Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour